Cool Girls Read


First read of the year. Also, Charlotte Perkins Gilman is a mad and tragic genius.

 After reading the much talked about New Yorker piece, 'Cat Person,' I found The Yellow Wallpaper at my local library and read it in one sitting. A masterpiece and clearly a relevant work of fiction that speaks to women even today, I cannot say enough how much I loved this story. Not even kidding, I spent the next week finding ways to bring it up in conversation whether with coworkers or family members. Drawn heavily from the writer's own experience, The Yellow Wallpaper is a must for every woman. Also, the reference to The Yellow Wallpaper in Darren Aronofsky latest film, Mother was spot on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Reading

Cool Girls Read

Book Discussion: Eleven Hours