Kid's Lit




As you all know by now I have a slight obsession with children's stories particularly fairy tales. I recently finished grad school and although my emphasis is in archiving and preservation, I will never outgrow the tattered old box of picture books and chapter books of my youth. There's something so enchanting about the worlds that exist in the pages of books like Winnie the Pooh or James and the Giant Peach. Escaping to The Hundred-Acre Woods or entering the forest in one of the Grimm's fairy tales, let me just tell you, I could sit and read (and re-read) these books for hours. I recently stumbled across old and beat up boxes of the books that consumed by childhood. Of course I couldn't help but drag them out and clean up a few of my favorites. So I'll go ahead and reacquaint myself with the characters from The Wind in the Willows and The Grimm Brother's Fairy Tales. What are some of your favorite books from your childhood?! 

Post by Sarah

(123)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Reading

Cool Girls Read

What We're Reading